What Is A Dissertation Discussion
Dissertation discussion is a part of the dissertation that overviews it and specifies the reasons and the purposes of the conducted research. It is usually written right before the conclusion and takes a few pages.
The discussion section of a dissertation is the hardest one to write, but it is extremely important as almost a half of the mark for the whole work depends on it. This part requires you to take a critical look on your entire research in order to understand its uniqueness. Discussion consists of a few segments:
- Data interpretation – the opening of the discussion part overviews the findings and explains their meaning in a narrative way.
- Comparison – the research that has been carried out can hardly be the first one in the field, so it needs to be compared to the others.
- Evaluation – this part shows the originality of the work, its importance for the others and the subject, in general.
- Explanations – if the results differ from the expected ones or from what other researchers usually get, the reason of such findings needs to be clarified.
- Limitations – as unfortunate as it sounds, every work has its limitations that prevent it from being completely precise with the research and the results, but it is important to admit it.
- Future of the research – this conclusive part explains that the research, which has been conducted, is not the final one, and there is a perspective for the better quality survey in the future.
The discussion chapter of a dissertation is very cumbersome and may take more time and mental effort to write than any chapter before. It is extremely hard for the students to focus on its writing, especially when the conclusion goes right afterwards. However, there is always an easier and more solid way to get closer to the finish line – ordering the paper with a reliable writing service.